Pastoral Letter Nr 8 dd 8th July 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
We are gearing to reopen the Church for public service, albeit, a restricted service. A team of leaders have been working behind the scene as we move towards our first public Mass.
This Sunday, the 12th of July, we will begin with one Mass at 9 am. It is undeniable that everyone is a creature of habits. Some of us are more set in our ways than others. Since we will be under scrutiny, the SOP that we have put up will surely be inspected by the relevant public authorities—health ministry and the police. Consequently, the first few Masses will be restricted to the volunteers as they need to familiarise themselves with the SOPs. They are the one who will have to enforce social distancing, temperature taking and the likes and therefore it is necessary that they are coordinated in carrying out their duties.
A good example of the needed change in our way of proceeding would be “loitering around”. Under normal circumstances, we would like people to “loiter around” after Mass because that is part of what it means to be a worshipping community. After Mass, we do not “rush off” but instead, we stay back, catch up with others—an expression of being a brother and a sister in Christ. That is now “discouraged”. In our familiarity, we might just forget that we are required to take the precaution of social or physical distancing.
For some, it will come as a shock. Who used to be a brother or sister to me is now considered a potential health hazard. That is indeed unnerving. So, whether we like it or not, this new “abnormal” is here to stay for the foreseeable future. This means we have to put up with a lot more restrictions than we would have liked. The elderly, especially the sick, are discouraged from coming. Those under 12 will not be allowed. The strangers amongst us, the non-citizens, are prohibited from attending Mass. How bewildering can that be?
If you are upset, please know that I am even more unhappy about this arrangement. In this new abnormal, even the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has to submit Himself to that twin deities of “science” and “SOPS”. Whatever the merits of these two idols, perhaps rather than ranting about or raging against God’s permissive will, let us all embrace these inconveniences in the spirit of sacrifice, repentance and prayer imploring the Lord to remove this heavy burden from us.
在来临的星期日（7 月 12 日）早上 9 点我们将有一台弥撒。无可否认，每个人都是习惯性的动物。我们中有些人比较难以改变自己。由于我们将受到审查，因此我们
对于某些人来说会觉得很震惊。那些曾经是我的兄弟姐妹，现在却被认为可能会危害我们的健康。这确实令人不安。因此无论我们喜不喜欢，可以预见这种 “新常态” 的现象在未来都将继续存在。这意味着我们必须忍受更多的限制。老年人，特别是病人，不被鼓励来圣堂。 12 岁以下的孩童将被禁止来圣堂。我们之中的陌生人及非公民，被禁止来参加弥撒。这是多么令人困惑？
Following the strict guidelines imposed by the authorities during the RMCO, the church is only allowed 1/3 capacity for Sunday mass. As such, you will need to pre-register as a family or individuals so that we can schedule worshippers for Mass accordingly.
按照复原期行动管制令实行的严格条例，有关当局仅允许教堂 1/3 的范围供教友参与主日弥撒。因此您需要预先为您的家庭或个人登记，以便我们可以妥当地安排教友参与弥撒。
Do take note of the following requirements:
- Malaysian aged 12 – 70 years without serious medical conditions such ashypertension/cancer/diabetes/chronic bronchitis/pneumonia are allowed to register. You only need to register once.
年龄在 12 岁至 70 岁之间的马来西亚公民及没有严重疾病例如高血压，癌症，糖尿病，慢性支气管炎，肺炎的教友可以进行登记。您只需要登记一次即可。
- You can obtain the registration forms from the BEC leaders, and the parish website (www.shcjb.org).
- The parish office will not be accepting any Registration by phone.
- You will NOT have a Sunday Mass of your choice as seats are limited.
- Those people selected to attend the Sunday Mass on the allocated date, will be contacted by BEC Leaders, WhatsApp or email from the parish.
基信团负责人或堂区办公室将以 WhatsApp 或电邮的方式，通知教友在指定的日期前来参与主日弥撒。
- Only those who have registered and are informed of their allocated Sunday Mass and passed the temperature test will be allowed into Church. You are required to wear a face mask at all times and to bring along your MyKad for registration. Those exhibiting fever/cough/respiratory issues/vomiting/diarrhoea/ conjunctivitis/ influenza symptoms will be requested to return home.
- We strongly encourage parishioners to download, install and use the MySejahtera App to expedite the registration and entrance before Mass and exit after Mass.
我们强烈建议教友们下载并使用 MySejahtera App 应用程序以加速登记过程及方便进入和离开圣堂。
- Public toilets are to be used only in an Emergency to avoid crowding of the toilets.
- Please DO NOT touch any statues or holy pictures.
- After Mass, please EXIT the church immediately. There should be NO congregating or loitering before and after mass.
- Kindly drop your offerings into the boxes prepared at the ENTRANCE and EXIT of the church.
- Alternatively, you contribute your offerings through JomPay as follows.
JomPay Biller Code: 90449
Ref-1: Your Phone Number
Ref-2: Payment Purpose
或者你们可以通过银行转账服务 JomPay 给予教堂奉献金：
JomPay Biller Code (付款代码): 90449
Ref-1: Your Phone Number (电话号码)
Ref-2: Payment Purpose (付款目的)
- Whether it is a Sunday Mass or a weekday, dispensation from Sunday obligation has been granted. Online or live-stream will be made available (live.mjdiocese.my or Malacca Johore Diocese YouTube).
教友们被免除参与主日弥撒的义务。教区将提供线上弥撒以供教友们参与。(live.mjdiocese.my or Malacca Johore Diocese YouTube)