Parish Announcements | 堂区报告
- The Church premises will be closed from 18th of March 2020.
- NO Masses, events, BEC gatherings, formations, prayer meetings, choir practices, RCIA, Catechism, Funeral wakes, etc.
- Parish office will be closed. In case of emergency, please contact the Parish Office staff:
Ms. Carol Tay 016-7221733,
Ms. Teresa Chew Pacifico 016-871 8986,
Sr. Imma Chua, CSCM 011-3362 1298.
- Homebound visits suspended except for those in danger of death. In case of emergency, please contact:
Fr. Simon Yong,SJ 012-666 7251,
Fr. John Pereira 017-770 2802,
Fr. Michael Teng 016-717 1802.
- Funeral Parlour will be closed, for funeral matters, please contact:
Patrick Tan 012-786 7280.
Ms. Carol Tay 016-7221733
Ms. Teresa Chew Pacifico 016-8718986
Fr. Simon Yong, SJ 012-6667251
Fr. John Pereira 017-7702802
Fr. Michael Teng 016-7171802
Blessings of Palms
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I have received from CIC a total of 10 pcs of palms. They are more than what I need for the symbolic blessing of palms on Palm Sunday. Some of you may want to have your palms blessed. Please send them to the Church. Pass the palms to the guard at the gate. Deadline is Saturday 4th April 12pm. The two pictures show how you should prepare the palms if you want them blessed.
- Clean the palms.
- Leave some holding space at the “stem handle” (petiole) so that they can be soaked in water to preserve their green colour.
- Write your name and mobile Nr and attach it at the top end of the palm leave so that I can contact you personally to come and collect the palms—at a time that is convenient.
I hope this is helpful.
God bless you all.
Rosary & Adoration
- The Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Mary living in our parish will have an adoration before the Blessed Sacrament in their private chapel from 6 am to 6pm from today till 31st March. They take turns amongst themselves to pray.
Public Masses may be "banned" but here is our Parish Priest celebrating his private Mass for the intentions of the Cathedral.
Our Parish Priest praying the Rosary in tandem with the Parish Weekend Rosary initiative. Since we cannot gather for public Masses, at least we can collectively ask Our Lady to intervene on our behalf for the end to this pestilence.
Prayer and fasting are powerful reminders that all is dependent on God.
Fasting And Abstinence
Fasting is to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday by all Catholics who are 18 years of age but not yet 59. Those who are bound to fast may take only one full meal. Two smaller meals are permitted if necessary, to maintain strength according to one’s needs, but eating solid foods between meals is not permitted.
Abstinence from meat is to be observed by all 14 years or older on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday and on all Fridays.
Year 2020 GLEEF Scholarship | 教育奖学金
The GLEEF is pleased to award scholarships each year to students in higher educational institutions.
Open for Application from 1st March 2020 till 15th April 2020.
The applicant must be from under-privileged, poor or needy family and must be a resident of Johor, Catholic or Catechumen.
Application forms are available here.
Reading 1: Numbers 21:4-9, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 102:16-21, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 102:2-3, Gospel: John 8:21-30
Reading 1: Daniel 13:33-62, Reading 1: Daniel 13:19-30, Reading 1: Daniel 13:15-17, Reading 1: Daniel 13:1-9, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 23:1-6, Gospel: John 8:1-11
Reading 1: Ezekiel 37:12-14, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 130:1-8, Gospel: John 11:1-45, Reading 2: Romans 8:8-11
Reading 1: Jeremiah 11:18-20, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 7:9-12, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 7:2-3, Gospel: John 7:40-53
Reading 1: Wisdom 2:12-22, Reading 1: Wisdom 2:1, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 34:23, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 34:17-21, Gospel: John 7:25-30, Gospel: John 7:10, Gospel: John 7:1-2
Reading 1: Exodus 32:7-14, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 106:19-23, Gospel: John 5:31-47
Reading 1: Isaiah 7:10-14, Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 40:7-11, Gospel: Luke 1:26-38, Reading 2: Hebrews 10:4-10